Rep. Steve Scalise’s condition is upgraded to serious from critical

Rep. Steve Scalise's condition is upgraded to serious from critical

Steve Scalise was upgraded from “critical” to “serious condition” Saturday and continued to show signs of improvement after he was wounded in a shooting at a Republican baseball practice outside Washington.

Scalise, the number three House Republican, was shot along with three other people early Wednesday when a lone gunman, angry about President Donald Trump, attacked a group of Republican lawmakers as they practiced for a congressional charity baseball game.

The round fragmented into hundreds of pieces and tore apart bones, internal organs and blood vessels, Jack Sava, director of trauma at MedStar Washington Hospital Center, has said. “The Congressman will require additional operations, and will be in the hospital for some time”, it added.

It’s still unclear if the names on the list – which includes Republican Reps.

The surgeon on Friday said he was “a lot more confident and optimistic” about Scalise’s recovery than he was two days ago.

Against the backdrop of a flawless summer evening, Nancy Pelosi, the Democrat’s House leader, sat next to Republican Congressional leader Paul Ryan as the two cheered their respective teams, along with more than 20,000 spectators.

Doctors “fully expect him to walk”, Sava said, “and hopefully run”.

Louisiana Congressman Steve Scalise is in serious condition after another surgery.

Since then, the lawmaker has undergone multiple surgeries and procedures to stop the bleeding and fix bone.

“His risk of death right now is substantially lower than when he came in”. Also hurt but released from hospitals were two Capitol Police officers, David Bailey and Crystal Griner, and House GOP aide Zack Barth. The 51-year-old remains in a critical condition.

According to the New Orleans Advocate, sources close to the family said medical staff removed a tube inserted into Scalise’s abdomen to prevent fluid from going into his lungs.

Lobbyist Matt Mika was shot multiple times and critically injured and remained hospitalized.