Cyborg vs. Anderson Booked For UFC 214 Title Bout, de Randamie Stripped

Cyborg vs. Anderson Booked For UFC 214 Title Bout, de Randamie Stripped

In a statement, the UFC said de Randamie, who won her belt in February by defeating former bantamweight champion Holly Holm in NY, was being stripped due to her “unwillingness” to fight Santos.

A 27-year-old Aussie by the name of Megan Anderson believes she can upset an all-time great, win a UFC championship and bring stability to a new division – all in the same night.

Former undisputed champion Germaine de Randamie has been stripped of her title, having refused to fight the dominating Cyborg. Anderson vacated the title, and Invicta bantamweight champion Tonya Evinger will move up to 145 pounds and Kolesnyk. “As dominant as she’s been, she doesn’t have the other aspects it takes for that. I do”.

And the Australian explained she was ready to go back into Invicta before the UFC performed a U-turn on the Cyborg fight. Subsequently, top contender Justino will face newly signed Invicta FC featherweight champion Megan Anderson for the UFC women’s featherweight title in the co-main event of UFC® 214: CORMIER vs. JONES 2, July 29 in Anaheim, Calif.

Anderson, who fights out of Kansas City, told ESPN.com she’s signed a multifight deal with the UFC. If that fight happens at UFC 214, I want to shock the world because everyone thinks I’m not at that level and I’m not capable of beating her and she’s just this machine.

It’s a fight Anderson campaigned for – even though she’s only been fighting professionally since 2013.

Previously, de Randamie said she needed more time to heal from an injury.

After months of silence after she won the inaugural championship from Holly Holm at UFC 208 in February, de Randamie’s team released a statement saying the Dutch striker wouldn’t face Justino. Prior to getting the fight with Justino, Anderson had made a decision to move on and scheduled an Invicta title defense against Helena Kolesnyk on July 15.

While a simple structured system where the champions fight top contenders is exactly what countless fans have been clamoring for throughout the UFC’s rough start to 2017, in truth it’s clear to see that the UFC will make exceptions to this so-called effort to ‘maintain the integrity of the sport, ‘ as both Conor McGregor and Michael Bisping have been allowed to choose their opponents, for better or worse.