Real Madrid president Florentino Perez says he has not spoken to Cristiano Ronaldo about his future, but will do so after the Confederations Cup.
Portuguese Player, Real Madrid star, Cristiano Ronaldo has instructed his manager to get him a summer move to his old club.
Candidates must now have been a member of Real for over 20 years, compared to the old requirement of 10 years, and have a personal fortune of over €75 million.
However, when speaking publicly on Monday having ran unopposed to return as president for the next four years, Perez did not reference Ronaldo when discussing the current state of Los Blancos. I found out about what happened in a newspaper.
Admittedly it’s not a significant figure for a club with United’s stature, but it certainly could be invested in some way.
Onda Cero say Perez will “give his version of the “Ronaldo case” in an interview with the Spanish radio station late on Monday evening, while an event marking his re-election will be held at 6.30pm United Kingdom time at the Bernabeu’s presidential box.
There are very few clubs who would be able to afford Ronaldo’s transfer fee and his wages.
Ronaldo has helped Real win the Champions League thrice, scoring twice in last month’s final as they became the first club to retain the title, and he is also the competition’s record goal scorer with 105 strikes.
Spanish outlet Marca suggest Madrid are demanding a total of £350 million for their record goalscorer this summer.
Ronaldo is at the Confederations Cup in Russian Federation, playing for Portugal.
Ronaldo was named man of the match in his country’s Confederations Cup game with Mexico but failed to attend the press conference which comes with the award, speaking only about the game in a brief interview with Federation Internationale de Football Association.
“It was not the result we wanted, the team had nearly won and we suffered in the last minutes, but this is football”, he said.
He said: “It was not the result we wanted, but we still believe in qualification because there are still two games left”.
Spanish prosecutors have filed a lawsuit against the player accusing him of defrauding tax authorities of 14.7 million euros ($16.39 million) by hiding his image rights income between 2011 and 2014.